The need of road Safety Signs in India
How can road safety posters in India be helpful in creating awareness?
Road safety is a challenge which is faced by the government of the country. But only saying this is not enough. It is important to implement the safety measures. Implementation is possible only when the people of the country follow the rules and regulations for the success of the same. Road safety is important for the safety of their own self. Driving can be fun on the road only if all the people collectively follow the road rules for the benefit of all.
Road safety posters in India is an effective way to create awareness among the people about the road safety measures and rules. With the help of the posters, the person can put across the message effectively. The school children have greatly contributed in this context. The posters designed by them in the school may be for the school use only but it has an impact on the younger generation who are the future of the country.
Posters are designed to communicate a message to the people. Some of the popular tag lines of the posters which have won many accolades are as follows:
- Do not drink and drive.
- Better late than never
- Drive safe, stay alive.
- Tortoise always emerges as a winner. Drive slow, at least you will be there.
- Wear helmet. Value your brain. No one gets a second one.
- Mobile phones kill more people than guns do.
- Fast drive can be your last drive.
- Is a crash the only things which will make you slow down?
- Dying to take the call. Don’t use mobile phone.
- Roads can be safer for your loved ones
- Follow traffic rules. Save lives.
- Let’s have roads that are safe for all.
- Speed thrills but kills. Drive safe.
- Take care of your head, not everyone gets a replacement like me.
- Buckle up. No excuses.
- Is this conversation worth your life?
- Slow down. Adjust speed to road and weather conditions.
- The goal must be zero accidents.
- From the bar to behind the bars.
- It is good to be Mr. late than Late Mr.
- Helmet protects you and your family.
The road safety weeks which have been observed so far has come up with excellent slogans written on the posters which have been very impressive in conveying the message of road safety. People need to realize the importance if their life. Life is worth living and not killing or getting killed on the road. These are only measures to create awareness so that people can become sensible and sensitive towards each other.
The posters are creative and very well executed in putting across the message effectively.
Similarly roadsafetysignsinIndia are also very important. The traffic signs which we often come across on the roads are signs and indicators to alert the drivers and the pedestrians about the nature of the road. This can help in ensuring the safety of the people. But it is also essential to have knowledge about the signs.
The introduction of the road safety signs happens in the school level itself so that kids are also ware about the surroundings. It is important to be road literate. Graphical representation of the road signs are very interesting for the students to learn.
Some of the common road signs are mentioned below. Basically the signs are classified into three main categories:
- Mandatory Signs: these are meant to indicate free movement of traffic on the road, violation of such rules is an offense and can lead to penalty.
- Traffic light ahead
- No U turn
- No parking
- Speed limit
- Cautionary signs: as the name suggests, the signs are indicative of the hazardous conditions on the road so that the driver can be alert and drive with care.
- School ahead
- Round about
- Sharp turn ahead
- Left hand curve
- Right hand curve
- Give stop
- Narrow road ahead
- Steep turn
- Narrow bridge ahead
- Pedestrian prohibited
- Horn prohibited
- Hospital ahead
- Dangerous dip
- Barrier ahead
- Men at work
- Informatory signs: these signs are suggestive about the road information for the travelers. They give information about the eateries and conveniences on the road. These are very helpful for the people. It gives information about the distances and destinations too which are important for the drivers.
- Restaurant ahead
- Distance milestones
- Cycle crossing
- Public conveniences
- Phone booth
- Resting place
Every year the states organize road safety weeks in which various schools, colleges and corporate participate to discuss the rules and the ways to make it more effective. They come up with creative ideas in the form of slogans and posters. These are very helpful in creating awareness.
Government is doing their best to make the optimum use of the safety measures and this is one reason they levy penalties on certain levels so that the citizens can become sensitive in their approach towards using the roads. Every person has equal right to use the road. It is a public property meant for everyone and hence the upkeep of the rules and regulations will make the roads become a safer and an ideal place for movement.
Road safety is of supreme importance because India ranks highest in deaths caused by road accidents. The figures are alarming and steps taken to curb this can be effective only the citizens act collectively. It is essential to be emphatic towards each other. Patience is another virtue which will help to prevent a lot of road mishaps.
Road rage in the rise in the country and this can be curbed only with the help of self-control. Fighting on the road is a major hurdle towards attainment of road safety. Violation of rules is another hazard. All of these issues have to be sorted to effectively lay the foundation of a sound traffic system.