The formation of council for the road safety purposes in India
#roadsafetycouncilinindia Safety is a precaution taken against any mishap. Road safety is also a prevention taken against the mis-happenings happening on the road. The Indian roads have achieved the benchmark of being smooth and shiny as per international standards. But these yet have to go a long way as far as safety is concerned. This is because Indian road accidents account to be the highest in the world. Surveys and statistics reveal this fact and measures are taken by the government to curb against this. The road safety council in India has been formed to take care of these measures and enforce the same.
The council works in conjunction with other important government organizations which have also been formed for the roads in India and the risks and safety attached with it. These work collectively to address the problems and come up with innovative solutions to achieve the goal of road safety.
The council works to achieve the so called for E’s of road safety namely:
- Educate the people and create awareness among the citizens about the roads of the country and the ways to maintain safety on the roads.
- Engineering of roads also falls in this category.
- Another important E of this category is the engineering of the vehicles
- Emergency caused on the roads. Enforcement of the road laws.
The formation of the council helped in various ways. The rules and regulations have been designed long back for the safety of the roads. With the advent of technology, the rules have been amended and new rules have also been adopted. The enforcement of the rules is stringent and the people who choose not to obey the rules are punished with heavy penalties. This helps to give them a good lesson so that they think twice before committing the same mistake again.
The periodic regulations of the laws done by the authorities are for the benefit of the citizens and also help in reduction of the mishaps on the road. Earlier in this regard the four E’s have been mentioned. A little description of these is important to be discussed at this point:
- Education: educate and create awareness about the changing face of Indian roads to the people living in the country. The various acting bodies have been formed in urban and rural areas as per the requirement of the place. The fines collected by defaulters are also used for the road safety activities.
- Engineering of the roads are suggestive of the state and national highways and their accountability. The formation of the roads in the state are formed and the demands of the state may be different and the ways to address these issues also vary.
- Engineering of the vehicles means that the vehicles should be certified for running on the road. Like some time back the government had banned the movement of cars which are more than 15 years old. The old vehicles can cause trouble for people on the roads. The pollution certificates obtained by the vehicles make the vehicles safe and sound for movement on the roads.
- Emergency and enforcement is important. Emergency generally occurs on the roads and the trauma struck people should be given first aid without any delay in the trauma centers in the hospitals. The government in the country is working for changing the scenario regarding the first aid given to the people who meet with accidents on the roads. Moreover the enforcement of the rules and regulations on the road is important because otherwise the people tend to take it lightly.
The council is taking up the issues seriously and working on these to come up with effective steps to curb the road accidents. The various road safety weeks organized by the state level authorities have been very successful in suggesting steps to help in lowering the road risks. The suggestive measures given by the youngsters in this regard are so trendy and practical in approach that the government can make these as laws. The latest technology can be of great help in this regard. The council is working on those lines as well.
The council welcomes innovative ideas because the new approach can be more effective. The goal is the same which is to achieve road safety and the ways may differ but the goal is the same.
The various road safety policies set by the authorities are implemented with effect and also changed whenever the situation demands. The change and amendment is not so easy and the concerned authorities have to take the decision collectively. A team work is always beneficial and brings out the best in every situation.
The measures adopted by the governing bodies work hand in hand with other authorities and help to bring the safety steps on the roads. The people should be equally responsive to these measures because until and unless the rules are followed the optimum level of safety cannot be achieved. Our aim is to bring down the road accidents and create a risk free atmosphere on the roads. The road is a public property and in a democratic country every citizen has equal right on the road. The safety is thus very essential and the people should work collectively to meet the goal of road safety.
Small steps taken towards the betterment of the society prove to be big ones because these help in the attainment of well-being of the entire set of people. The road safety rules and regulations are for the best benefit of the citizens and the people should also realize the same and help towards the achievement of the same. One small step and the big leap in the road safety measures. All this possible with the collective effort of one and all.